MAMBA X SCT, SENSORED, 25.2V WP ESC AND 1415-2400KV COMBO
Meet the next generation.
Castle Creations is proud to announce our new flagship surface product, the MAMBA X EXTREME 1:10 SCALE WATERPROOF ESC. We at Castle wanted to address three main concepts while designing a new ESC for the modern day RC enthusiast; VERSATILITY, RELIABILITY, and PERFORMANCE. These are the pillars of the Mamba X design and the driving forces behind the feature-packed controller.
- Waterproof: Yes
- Telemetry Capable: Yes
- Data Logging: Yes
- Auxiliary Wire: Yes
- Minimum Input Voltage: 2S
- Maximum Input Voltage: 6S
- Sensored Capable: Yes
The Mamba X is extremely versatile, capable of powering a wide variety of applications ranging from 2S to 6S and vehicles ranging from 1/10th scale to 1/8th scale*. Whether you are racing at the track with your 2wd buggy, bashing through mud puddles in your SCT or monster truck, or navigating a hardcore crawling excursion, this controller raises the bar to a whole new level.
This is the perfect setup for 2WD and 4WD Short Course trucks weighing up to 1.84 kg running on a 3s or 4s LiPo with included 1415 - 2400kv sensored motor.
ESCs have a tough life - landing extreme jumps, experiencing accidental collisions, and splashing through the occasional puddle. As R/C enthusiast themselves, Castle engineers understand this and designed the Mamba X to endure these situations and power through them. It is housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminum case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
The high performance Mamba X includes an integrated and powerful 8A adjustable BEC and can push the most extreme 1/10th scale setups and 1/8th scale* race buggies. SmartSense allows you to take advantage of smooth, cog-free, and predictable sensored starts, and Castle’s new and improved throttle response keeps you ahead of the competition.
The Mamba X is proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, Kansas and is backed by Castle Creations’ 1-year warranty and unparalleled "make-it-right" customer support. Call us, email us, or walk in our front door – we’re here to help.
- Wide 2S to 6S input voltage range
- Sensored Motor Support
- 8A Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- Rugged CNC Aluminum Case
- Castle Link Programming Support
- Integrated Capacitors
- Removable 30 mm Cooling Fan
- Integrated 4 mm Bullet Connectors
- 12 AWG Power Wires
- Waterproof Switch
- Audible Alerts
Mamba X ESC Technical Specs:
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo - MAX: 6S LiPo (25.2V) (4s maximum with included 1415 -2400kv motor)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V, 6.0V, 7.5V. or 8.0V (8A Peak), default 5.5V
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (30 mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Length: 54.4 mm
- Width: 35.2 mm
- Height: 30 mm
- Weight (with wires): 101 g
- Connectors: 4.0 mm female bullets for motor connection
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors, or Deans® Ultra Plugs are recommended.
Product Use Statements:
*Although Mamba X is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC and motor with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. While the motor and controller may be waterproof, we suggest users confirm that the rest of their vehicle, including the batteries, servos, radio and chassis are also waterproof before exposing them to liquids of any kind.
**The cooling fan must be removed prior to driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Application Guidelines: Intended for up to 6S (25.2 Volt) operation in vehicles weighing less than 9bs/4kg
- Recommended Motors: Castle 1406, 1410 and 1415 Sensored motors
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: Less than 4kg with batteries & ready-to-run
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Mamba X setups frequently hit 100+ amps in peaks and not all LiPos are created equal. Surge ratings should never be used to determine a pack's suitability for a brushless application. Recommended battery capacity for 1:10th and 1:8th scale vehicles is 5000mAh. We recommend using 30C continuous discharge or higher LiPo batteries (or high quality 25C batteries such as Traxxas® Power Cell).
- Our experience suggests using only mild gear ratios with NiMH cells. Do not attempt to use NiMH cells in extreme setups.
- Applying voltages higher than 25.2V will cause irreparable damage to ESC.
- We recommend a high-current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 70+ amps. Invest in connector sets made for high-powered electric systems such as our Castle 6.5 mm Polarized Connectors, Castle 4.0 mm Polarized Connectors, Traxxas® Power Connectors or T-connectors.
*In 1/8th scale setups, the Mamba X is intended to be used for off-road racing in buggies weighing up to 9 lbs (including batteries and ready-to-run). In these 1/8th scale racing setups, the Mamba X should be run at 4S Lipo (16.8V) max and is recommended to be paired with the Castle 1512-1800Kv (P/N: 060-0062-00) or Castle 1512-2650Kv (P/N: 060-0061-00) motor, with appropriate gearing only.